Thursday, March 11, 2010

Trying out my Patient on my products..

It's time to design some new pewter cachet for my notebook 2011. Time flies and now I'm starting up my engine again for year 2011 Notebook and Calendar Designs. Gawd... it's pretty soon my company's NB is on sales again!!

A really impatient someone like me, i normally come out with designs that not much of details work, maybe a simple motive like this... where it's just straight lines..

So this year, I want to take my drawing and patient skills to a next level. Challenging myself to draw something that's more lively like animals, flower since some of the souvenir shops @ Sabah asking us for more designs that symbolize the country.First thing that came across my mind is Mt. Kinabalu but i'm still looking for a right image for me to draw, which i'm still looking but Orang Utan will be one of the simplest one that i can find on the internet but OMG, look at the fur, the hands, it's all details drawing. Gosh, so I TAKE THIS STRETCH, drawing this cute creature in the rain forest of Borneo.

Taa daaa.... Take a look with this Orang Utan that i spend 3 hours plus to complete the whole drawing using illustrator.

I can't believe myself sitting on my place drawing this annoying hair one by one! however, it looks pretty impressive right? But i still feel that the tummy part looks a lil bit awkward. Gonna do some changes there. Going to show my artistic mum on this and she will give me some ideas on where i should do some changes. I hope that it looks nice when we craft it out in Pewter.

and here u go, a quick look at one of my Notebook ideas for year 2011. Slightly i diff concept. We used fancy paper glued on chipboard as our cover for this year's NB. But this year, I think i will prefer a stich bind with UV Varnish printed on my cover of the notebook. I'm not sure whether my boss like my ideas or not but haha.. to me, I'm gonna be taking charge of the year end products, and i don't care what is he gonna says!! haha.. as if I will do so! But ya, it's something diff so we have a wider range of notebook in our company. I'm looking forward for more designs coming up soon in this 3 weeks time!

No comments: